> On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 04:57:08PM -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
> > I have a simple line drawing that is in shades of light grey against a
> > white ground. My aim is to increase the grey scale range from 000 199
> > to 000 to 255.
> >
> > Am I just being clumbsy, or is there a better approach?
> >
> try using the levels tool.

Thanks, Carol, I did as you suggested. It works, although the result
was unsatisfactory because the original image distribution of greys
was uneven, and so the result was spotty (gaps in lines, artifacts,
etc.). I guess I try to draw a new image myself.

Please excuse the appended question, but is there a way I could use
the original as a kind of template to produce a hard line clean
version in black? I could then blur it a bit for a nice result.

Haines Brown