Hi All,

I'd like to be able to have gimp print something from a command line,
so I can use it in a batch job.

Well, to back up a little, I guess what I want is to be able to print
high quality graphics from a command-line but so far, the only thing I
have that I'm aware of that does this on my Epson R200 printer is the

What I'm trying to do is create a script to do it, but the docs seem a
little thin (maybe I'm missing something). Anyway, I found something
about script-fu, and tried to work from that. What I have doesn't work,
and I don't seem to be able to find useful error messages (the console,
after it fails, doesn't say anything helpful).

So, if anyone can suggest any or all of: 1) how do I debug this? 2)
where can I find more information on scripting and 3) maybe tell me
what is wrong with this, or what other command line utility I should
use, I'd be very grateful.

Here's the non-working script:
(define (gimp-batch-print filename)
   (let* ((image (car (gimp-file-load RUN-NONINTERACTIVE filename
          (drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image))))

          (file_print_gimp RUN-NONINTERACTIVE
           image drawable "EpsonR200" "EpsonR200" raw 1
           "1440 x 720 DPI Highest Quality"
           "Photo Quality Inkjet Paper"8
           100.0 100.0 -1 -1 -1 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 0 2 100.0 100.0
           "Six Color Photo"
           "Adaptive Hybrid"

          (gimp-image-delete image)))

Which I put in my scripts directory and tried to run with:
gimp -b gimp-batch-print ~/color.gif

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz

Do You Yahoo!?