Bastian wrote:

I have searched in the mailing list and in forums but i'v found only how
to stitch. I have a stitched Image and want to cut it into pieces. I
want to burn it as a movie on DVD. The movie should pan from left to
right. I don't know if gimp can make mpeg or avi, but single frames are
ok. My friend told me, that a script will do, but i don't find such a

You can do a pan using the GAP (Gimp Animation Plugin). It will make avis, gifs and mpegs if you have the right libs and stuff installed. For proper info start at