On 4/23/06, Stephan Hegel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Sven mentioned there a couple of those scripts on the web: shell
> scripts with embedded script-fu, pure script-fu, etc. Which one are
> you using ?
>
> If you use that one posted to
>      http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Gimp-Xcf-Image-Viewer-2399-1.html

thanks, but the link seems not accessable from here.  the core
statement in my xcf2png is below:

( file-png-save 1 image drawable pngfile pngfile 0 9 0 0 0 0 0 )

so, to replace the above statement i think i have to unstand it first.
 it seems easy to guess that 'file-png-save' is a function and from
the context i can guess the number '9' is the compression level.

to replace it, i think i need a function like file-tif-save or
file-tiff-save. is there such a function? if so, what parameters i
have to provide to it?  before knowing of these information i think i
can do nothing on it.

thanks!

> near the bottom of the page it should be obvious where to replace "png"
> with "tif".
>
> Regards,
>     Stephan.
>

> steven woody wrote:
> > thank you.  i have found the xcf2png and it works.  the only question
> > is how about if i want a xcf2tif?  i think tiff is better than png, am
> > i right?   but since i don't familar with any of GIMP's script-Fu, i
> > don't know how to modify the xcf2png.
> >

> > On 4/22/06, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> ImageMagick simply doesn't implement all features of XCF since XCF is
> >> the native file format of GIMP and only GIMP supports it completely.
> >> If you want to flatten an XCF image or convert it to a different
> >> format, use GIMP for it.
> >>
> >> If you need to do this from the command-line, there are a couple of
> >> XCF to PNG converter scripts using the GIMP batch mode. Try to google
> >> for xcf2png.
> >>

> >> Sven
> >>

> > --
> > woody