C. DeBerry wrote:
I'm a fledgling gimp user. Can someone explain to me the process of removing the background color from my logo? It has this nasty white box around it, and looks horrible on colored paper/backgrounds. I have it in .tif, .gif, and .jpg formats. I know I can't do it in .jpg. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Cheryl,

If your background is a plain colour, maybe your should simply try to use "Color to alpha" (I think it should be in "Filters->Colors" in 2.2.x, I am using 2.3.x in which it is located in "Colors").

To save it, I would advise you to use PNG format. GIF cannot really do transparency, and I do not know how well tiff handles it.

Best regards,