hi axel,
On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 07:39:07AM +0200, Axel Wernicke wrote:
> Am 12.05.2006 um 05:58 schrieb Carol Spears:
> Hi Carol, Roman is still on vacation for a week or so. But why you
> don't share your thoughts with us on the gimp-docs list?
good for roman!

sometimes, it is simply easier to do something than it is to talk about
it.  i was a really good team worker and it destroyed my life.  i liked
that life.

this is the way things are done with gimp stuff now, btw.  if a project
is deemed "abandoned" or wrongly installed, it is no big deal to take it
over and do it right.

i did not want to work this way, however, lately the volunteers we get
seem to need payment as incentive to start and complete a project.

i am sorry sorry sorry that things work this way.  it is not the world i

there is the need for a documentation system that can be maintained
easily.  and a system that people can use.

> >i built these docs from a simple text file in hardly no time:
> >http://www.gimp.org/docs/python/pygimp.html and editing them was
> >extremely easy (not unlike writing in a wiki).
> I'll have a look at it
i would appreciate your opinions about it.  i actually could edit that
pygimp documentation without installing anything in addition to the
software itself.  i think ircd can handle the stuff that is needed to
convert it.

> >http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/
> >
> >if the people in charge don't show up to do something soon, i will get
> >the sgml and use one of the gimp computers to convert them myself.
> ugh? speak with us, please :)
i went to the rapha-awful school of volunteerism.

i am now watching how google messes up things that are messed up.

it is so much easier to just run this software and do the dirty little
conversion and make this stuff so that people can use it.

feel free to write me in private if you have problems with me making
this conversion.