On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 13:56 -0600, Shawn Willden wrote:
> So, are there any other RAW photographers who use Linux or *BSD and want to
> share their photo processing workflow?
>
> Thanks,
>
>       Shawn.

Here's mine.

1) Copy images using a python script into datestamped (from the shooting
date) directories.
2) Back-up images to DVD or CD.
3) Open BibblePro and use it to do almost all post-processing. This
includes Noise Ninja for noise reduction as well as sharpening and lots
of other things. See http://bibblelabs.com/ My first step is to cull out
obviously bad shots, then go from there.
4) For a few things (mostly perspective correction) I then load the
images into The Gimp.
5) Finally I file the images (originals and any JPEG/TIFF versions) in
f-spot.

Hope that helps. I spent a long time mucking around with various
plug-ins in the Gimp for reducing noise without ever achieving anything
half as good as Noise Ninja in Bibble does.

        Stephen