On 5/25/06, Shawn Willden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

First, the ufraw plugin, and the dcraw program, seem to fall down in one
respect:  my converted images are often much noisier than the JPEGs produced

I've been happy with dcraw and ufraw, however I haven't noticed or had noise problems. I have been running the latest version (ufraw 0.8.1). So my only suggestion is to make sure you are running the latest and greatest.

Thanks to Stephen's suggestion I did take a look at Bibble. Nice to see a Linux app. It also appears to encourage GPL plugins.