David Neary wrote:

You need GAP, the GIMP Animation Package.

There's a tutorial that jimmac did ...

I'll have another look, but--not to put too fine a point on it--without any computer animation background (vocabulary and some idea of the process), I couldn't understand either GAP or the tutorial well enough to get started.

Could you (or someone) describe in a few clear steps how to make a simple animation with GAP? Or point me to something like that?

I'd enjoy investing a little time to learn the basics, but as you might guess, having a nifty transition isn't all that important in the grand scheme.

<Joe