On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 06:42:33PM -0400, Joe Smith wrote:
> David Neary wrote:
> >
> >You need GAP, the GIMP Animation Package.
> >
> >There's a tutorial that jimmac did ...
> I'll have another look, but--not to put too fine a point on it--without
> any computer animation background (vocabulary and some idea of the
> process), I couldn't understand either GAP or the tutorial well enough
> to get started.
> Could you (or someone) describe in a few clear steps how to make a
> simple animation with GAP? Or point me to something like that?
> I'd enjoy investing a little time to learn the basics, but as you might
> guess, having a nifty transition isn't all that important in the grand
> scheme.
i dunno about schemes, grand or not  -- but i do know that i learned a
lot from the tutorial written by the gap author which is hosted on my
web site:

my web site is transition right now and at the nifty part of it, so i
apologize for that.  also, this tutorial does not address your questions
directly, however, i found after i went through this tutorial, i had a
much better mind for gap and how it works.  the Move Path dialog is very
very powerful with many many options.  the one example shown here is a
little look into how the rest of the dialog works -- at least it was for

learning gap gui was worth the effort.