I have been running GIMP on both Gentoo 64 bit, and now on  Fedora Core x86_64 installation (I admit I'm not sure whether the Gimp there is compiled in 64 bit as well, or that its doing emulation, but I'd assume it is native 64 bits), withouth any remarkable difference from running the GIMP on any other platform (Windows XP, Gentoo 32 bit).

Regards,

Raymon
(Muad_Dib)