On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 06:34:30PM +0100, Adrian Speich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My crop button in in the image menu is disabled (greyed out), I have
> tried to crop loads of different files (jpg, bmp, gif), made sure I have
> write permissions on them all, and same thing.
>
> Any ideas?

in the image menu, the crop option needs a selection.  if there is a
selection then choosing this option makes the image crop to the
selection -- even if it is irregular.

in the toolbox is a croptool, which will allow you to define the crop
area with some borders and/or numerically in the tool options.

carol