Thanks Michael,

I had just noticed that the Affect button for Transform selection was
getting selected.  It was not real noticable on my display here, so I
didn't pick up on that until just before you replied.

Now the question is why does it do that on the FC4 machine but not on
the FC3 box?  It's not a big issue now that I know what's going on, and
can remember to click on Transform Layer, but it is a difference.

Thanks again,
Burt