> ==========================
> Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 03:50:10 -0700
> To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Layer positioning via dialog
> ==========================
> Quoting Mauro Condarelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > I would be much happier if I could have some kind of feedback.
> > E.g.: a box showing the position of the layer into the canvas.
> >
> > Any further idea??
> The following Script-fu will allow you to enter numerical offsets
> into
> a dialog box. Script-fu is unable to provide a visual preview
> of the
> result but perhaps this will suit your needs (you can UNDO the
> operation if the result is unsatisfactory).
> Save the text below as a file named "layer-offset.scm" in your
> scripts
> directory. The command will appear as "Script-Fu->Transform->Layer
> Offset".

Nice :)
.. since You seem so knowledgeable...

Is there a simple way to to make a dialog that does not change the values, but
updates them when I move the layer?

Is this possible at all? I mean: is it possible for a dialog to react to
changes made to the image? This seems to imply some kind of
notification/callback mechanism that I don't know if it's implemented at all.

I *will* try to get info about the available functions in the docs, but a
pointer would be welcome. :)