On 6/24/06, Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 01:13:56PM -0400, Joey Marshall wrote:

> >do not mention the acronym php.
> Is 'py' better? :)
> I use django and turbogears. They make web development a lot easier.
> I came from php about 7 or 8 months ago... never to return.
if py means python, it seems to be easier to get that installed on gimps

yes, I mean python :)

> But PS isn't better than GIMP... that's the problem! lol
the people who disagree with you will go away though, if we write the
tutorials that way.

Hmm... yes but, who is the website for? I was thinking it was for
people who wanted how to learn gimp... not learn how much they are
missing out on cause they don't want to pay $900 for PS.
I think that the approch of one is better or comparible to the other
will put off a lot of users... no matter which side is taken. I think
the best position to put PS in is no position at all. Just never
mention it. :P

I do like your idea. But I don't think it would be appropriate on
gimps main website.

> >i am actually frightened to ask drc to do this since i kicked him in
> >Norway.
> >
> >any thoughts?
> not everyone uses the default gtk theme... I personally think it looks
> ugly (the one thing I don't like about gimp under KDE)
well, the web site is not going to be like kde vs gtk.

is it now?  i didn't mean to kick him.  i was making a joke actually.

the theme that is being used on all of the gimp web sites right now is
fine.  is it old though.  or is it?
I think it looks fine. Look on the internet archives and you'll notice
that googles template hasn't changed for years and years. Because it
was good they didn't have to change it. I think gimps current template
is good :)

http://joey101.net - my blog on web development