Hi all,

I just upgraded to 2.3.9 from the 2.2.11 bundled in ubuntu 6.06.

I'm finding that the main dialogue and the layers dialogue are staying on-top of the image window. Is this an intentional change?

I end up doing a lot of image manipulation on my laptop - and on a 1024x768 display, I really want to be able to use my entire display for the image window - I usually alt-tab back and forth between the image window and the other dialogues as needed.

This change makes the gimp almost unusable for me. Is there anyway to disable this behaviour? I've dug through the preferences page, and I couldn't see anything obvious.

Suggestions on how to fix this would be really appreciated - I'm afraid I'm probably going to have to go back to using the 2.2 family until I can figure out how to undo this...

Thanks.

Warren