On Monday 10 July 2006 23:21, David Neary wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just heard about something that has been set up for siggraph, but
>
> there's a pressing need:
> > One of the Blender folks can print us banners, connected to a "banner
> > stand" like this:
> > http://www.nomadicdisplay.com/displays/banner-stands/signline-swift/
> >
> > We won't put them on the tables, but next to the tables. Two banner
> > stands can hold each two prints, on each side.
> >
> > Here's a simple mockup, so you got the idea:
> > http://www.blender.org/bf/sb.jpg
> >
> > The prints will measure 30 x 60 inch each.
> >
> > So here's a todo for GNOME and Uni-verse: deliver me a design for
> > that print (you're full free in that of course!). The fourth banner
> > will be shared for Aqsis and Inkscape. I will connect the Inkscape
> > designer with the Aqsis one (who happens to be sponsor for this
> > stuff).
> >
> > Deadline: ASAP! Well, I give you guys 10 days. July 21 we then can
> > start printing.
>
> Can someone do a 30" x 60" banner design for GIMP & GNOME for me this
> week, by any chance? Please? It should have both the GNOME logo and
> Wilber, but aside from that you're free.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave.
>
> --
> Dave Neary
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Lyon, France

Who would print it? And how?
Any specific materials or do you plan to "cut-n-tape" ordinary
color-printouts?

A good banner printed on "plastic cloth" is not too easy to have done even if
you have the master layout. It usually takes a week or two. (At least here in
Sweden). But maybe you have a good screen print company close by who can get
it done for you in a hurry.

--
         /Rikard

email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]