Hello list.

I have started to use RAW format in my photography lately.
I know of the dcraw and ufraw programs, and they work very nicely with GIMP.

I took a closer look at dcraw's command line syntax to see if i couldnt write
some automated conversion scripts.
dcraw has the option "-4" to write 16-bit linear PPM.
So i tried that and went on to open that image in GIMP.
It complained:

PNM Image Message
PNM: Invalid maximum value.
GIMP Message
Opening 'imgp0001.ppm' failed: Plug-In could not open image

This is due to GIMP not working with 16 bit images right?
What is the best way to get the most accurate "copy" from a RAW format file?

web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
mob:    : +46 (0)763 19 76 25