Quoting Thadeu Penna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I have a mask in one layer that I would like to copy to all others. Is
it possible in Gimp, besides going one-to-one ?

This would be very easy to script. In fact, I whipped up a Script-fu that might meet you needs and it is available at

http://flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com/GIMP/Scripts/copy-mask.scm

What the script does is copy the layer mask of the active layer to all visible layers (unless they already have a layer mask or they do not have an alpha channel). If the active layer does not have a layer mask then the script will use a grayscale copy of the layer (if the active layer is visible then it also will have a mask added). There is very little error checking and the script will fail if any of the visible layers are not the same size as the active layer.