I am looking for a way to write something similar to the "plug_in_normalize"
function by scripting: For some reason the normalize function doesn't stretch
the levels the way I expect, often there is still a large area of unused color
values (I assume there may be very small values not shown in the histogram).

Anyway, I have seen there is a function "gimp_levels" I can use to set the
values. Now I need something like "gimp_get_levels" to determine the values I
want to set. I haven't found anything to get the levels information from a
drawable. Can anyone help me?

Thank you, kind regards
Jan Würthner
Jan Wuerthner