Rikard Johnels wrote:
hello all

I have tried to compile gimp 2.2 via cvs.
I followed the page http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/stable-cvs-get.html
and then went on to http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/stable-cvs-build.html

Then i went to http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/ and downloaded the sources for the latest gutenprint 5.0 and got it compiled and installed without problems.

Re-did the config for gimp. Still no go. It still complains about missing printing. So i stuck with --disable-print to get going.

gimp compiles fine, and installs nicely.
But as i try to run the centerguide.py script i get a error stating
module gimpfu is missing.

Where can i find the ginpfu stuff?
I tried googling but to no avail. I dont understand how to get and install it.
Let alone find WHAT to get...

Also, why doesn't the cvs find and use gutenprint-5.0? The page http://www.gimp.org/source/#gimp_from_cvs clearly states "gimp-print >= 4.2.6" and the gimp-print pages states "Gutenprint was formerly called Gimp-Print"
Aren't they compatible? Do i have to downgrade to Gimp-Print 4.2.7

*confused*
Maybye you should do
#ldconfig
after compiling and installing.
If you looked for ginpfu you couldn't find it, cause it spells gimpfu.