On 7/31/06, Dave Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Mukund wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 10:02 -0700, Tanveer Singh wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have some snaps of me and my wife which are color. I have seen some
>> lovely pics in which the faces and skin is BW, cloths are color and
>> background is BW. How to do such stuff in gimp?
>
> Go through the GIMP tutorials:
> http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

Also, gimpguru: http://www.gimpguru.org/ (there's a big tutorials section).

And in particular, this tutorial:
http://www.gimpguru.org/Tutorials/SelectiveColorization/

Great tutorial. But one hitch.In my case I want to make B&W a small
area. So I am guessing I need to interchange the layers. I.e color
over BW. But when I make the original image Greyscale, any layer I
create above it is also greyscale. How to make a layer greyscale, any
ideas?