On Tuesday 01 August 2006 16:21, John R. Culleton wrote:
> Tried the latest development gimp, 2.3.9. Had a problem with
> Xsane. It reecognized Xsane, and when I selected it gave me the
> "accept" page. I said yes and then Xsane blew up.
> (In the process of getting a runnable 2.3.9 I had to delete som3
> glibs and insatll newer ones.)
> So I downloaded 2.2.12 into its own directory, and compiled it.

Don't know the disease but I found the cures. first I wiped out
everything in /usr/local/share/gimp. I also wiped out the gimpish
files in my home directory. 2.2.12 still didn't want to play
nicely so I recompiled 2.3.9. The xsane problem may have been
related to cross-partition problems so I just copied it to the
plug-in directory instead of linking it. Now all I have to do is
correct the persistent problems with PostScript output. It still
creates offsets, horizontal and vertical, by default. This requires
minor surgery on the source.

John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting
Satisfaction guaranteed.