On another list an earnest soul, obviously working in something
like MSWord, wanted a way to put a deckle edge around a "pullout"
which I presume is a graphic. Here is a quote:

"I'm trying to find a software program that would allow a pull-out to
look like a letter - that is, instead of just a straight-lined or wavy
box, something that looks like it has ragged edges. anyone out there
have any experience with this?"

Now I am sure that with some fiddling one could create a deckle
edge graphic and then dupe it around a graphic. But is there a
more straightforward method in Gimp?

John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting
Satisfaction guaranteed.