Hi! I took a photo using a Canon PowerShot A75 while driving at approx 65 mph. The shot came out ok and I didn't get into an accident. :)

Anywho, when I do an "auto" levels adjustment on the photo, the result looks quite a bit different and not as good as the original. I'm wondering if the result is actually correct or not.

Here is the original image:

http://www.bay-online-media.com/tom/gimp/bay-bridge1.jpg

Here is the image after the "auto" level adjustment is performed:

http://www.bay-online-media.com/tom/gimp/bay-bridge1b.jpg

The original image was scaled to 1024x768 resolution at 72 dpi. The original photo was taken at 72 dpi.

Is the resultant image correct? If so, why does it not look as good as the original?

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom