I am experiencing a problem where if I try to print an image on a 8.5 x 11 page with 1/2" margins it gives me a 1" margin on the top and squishes the image to fit. If I scale the image down I still get the 1" margin at the top but the image is not distorted. My printer is an HP Deskjet 9800 and I am using the recommended Adobe Postscript Level 2 driver (problem also occurs with Level 1). I am using Ubuntu 6.06, Gimp 2.2.11, Gutenprint 5.0.0-rc2, HPLIP 0.9.7 driver in the OS. This problem does not occur outside of Gimp.

Has anyone had this problem or can suggest things to try?