hi...

I was touching up some scans yesterday and cam accross something new that I didn't find
how to do with gimp...

I wanted to remove a small part of the image with a part from somewhere else,
by coping a piece of background over it.

so I want to draw a selection ( e.g. using the lasso ) and now I want to use that selection to cut a piece of background somewhere else... but I didn't find how to do that. (I ended up drawing the selection on the background more or less the shape I wanted, but it would have been easier to draw on the target of the copy/paste operation)

anyone have suggestions on how to do this?

thanks,

-- lode