On Friday 29 September 2006 14:05, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 06:54 -0600, Roland Hordos wrote:
> > While all other credible opensource projects are gaining ground in a
> > professional IT setting, the GIMP is being held back because of the
> > instant derogatory impact of the name.
> First of all, it's called "GIMP", not "the GIMP".
> Then, can you proove your claim? I very much doubt that you can because
> it's just FUD. For most people on this planet, GIMP doesn't have any
> special meaning.

Yeah, total disagreement on this one. Please, don't make your argument lack
any sort of impact by lying.

Pulp Fiction: "Bring out the Gimp". Guy in a leather outfit, with a mask. This
is what 90% of the people say to me when I mention the Gimp for the first
time. "Hey, you remember in Pulp Fiction"..."Yes, I know. But it's an