Brendan wrote:
On Friday 29 September 2006 14:05, Sven Neumann wrote:

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 06:54 -0600, Roland Hordos wrote:
While all other credible opensource projects are gaining ground in a
professional IT setting, the GIMP is being held back because of the
instant derogatory impact of the name.
First of all, it's called "GIMP", not "the GIMP".

Then, can you proove your claim? I very much doubt that you can because
it's just FUD. For most people on this planet, GIMP doesn't have any
special meaning.

Yeah, total disagreement on this one. Please, don't make your argument lack any sort of impact by lying.

Pulp Fiction: "Bring out the Gimp". Guy in a leather outfit, with a mask. This is what 90% of the people say to me when I mention the Gimp for the first time. "Hey, you remember in Pulp Fiction"..."Yes, I know. But it's an acronym"...

The fact that so many people have such poor taste in movies shouldn't cloud your view of the issue. I never saw the movie, thus I don't make the connection.

I'm sure that we all find a reference to a word in a movie or book and turn it into such an argument.

Until later, Geoffrey

 - Benjamin Franklin