I have a simple animation I want to do for a website which involves fading a
photo  gradually (I assume by increasing opacity of a layer or decreasing
opacity of layer containing photo) and replacing it with text (by increasing
opacity of layer containing text?) And then this text will be a link to a web
I have no idea how to do this. I am a total amateur looking to learn this slick
little trick.I am new to Gimp but learning. Can you help me please?

This mail sent through WebMail | Courtesy of Execulink