Carl Smith wrote:
I get the following error message when I bring a TIFF image into the GIMP application: "TIFF IMAGE MESSAGE- unknown field with tag 34665 (0x8769 encountered)". This TIFF image was converted from a RAW file with the Fuji FinePix image converter.

Can someone tell me what this means and what I can do to correct it?  Thanks,
I found a reference to the tag here :

It looks like it might have something to do with the EXIF data it's passing on from your RAW file. See if you have an option that leaves this data out. I have a FinePix S9000 and I've been using UFRaw to convert my RAF files . I haven't used the Fuji software yet, so I can't compare it but you might want to have a look at UFRaw as well.