Sadly, I think text effects are one area that gimp is lacking in.  He
might be better off using PS for high quality text.

On 10/16/06, Selso DaSilva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
   I have a artist friend I converted to using the gimp and inkscape, and he
is
having a problem. He keeps having to go back to his old PS software to do
text
effects. He started this poster in the gimp, but when it came time to
apply text, he was having trouble.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41216413/?qo=11&q=by%3Abonesdeviant&qh=boost%3Apopular+-in%3Ascraps

You see the words "Come and play" and "The Doll House" on the poster
was done in PS everything else is the GIMP.

If you could point out a tutorial that can manipulate text while
keeping it in text mode would be (in his word) "the sh.. that makes
him uninstall Photoshop."

Thanks in advance, any help would be wonderful.
--
Selso K. DaSilva
Community Free Software Group, Inc.

Carter