    Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:06:45 -0700
    From: jim feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP used in prisons / secure institutions
      To: Simon Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      Cc: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU

Draw a picture of a "shiv"?

sorry.

I can't imagine GIMP being a problem.  That being said, it's linked to
libraries that have occasionally had security issues.  Both closed and
open source rendering libraries have at various times suffered from
buffer overflows.

I tend to see resistance to FOSS solutions with these inane arguments
that force you to prove a negative.  "GIMP (or whatever) could start a
nuclear war, can you prove it won't?".  I say, then lets make that a
testing prerequisite for any app, including the one you want to use.

jim

Simon Davis wrote:
HI,

Does anyone have any experience / anecdotal evidence of using the GIMP in prisons or situations where security was of paramount importance. Coming accross resistance and would like to be able to point to precedent.

Thanks a lot,

Si

----- End message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----

This email is confidential and solely intended for the recipient(s) to whom
it is addressed. If you have received this mail in error, please reply to
the sender of this email advising this error. The contents of any email
from any employee of Future Prospects does not necessarily reflect the
opinion of the company.