On Wednesday 01 November 2006 3:28 am, Tanveer Singh wrote:

> I use GIMP for image manipulation.
> though lots of resources are availalbe for photoshop, gimp
> docs are hard to come by(from a photography point of view).
> Can somebody link me to a good online guide.
> I am looking for things like
> 1. Working with levels and curves, not just how to, but the
> technique too

http://www.gimpguru.org/
has lots of articles detailing advanced photo editing techniques
with a gimp specific slant.

http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/
Old, but free, and still relevant.

> 2. Bulk watermarking, resizing

This is easier with ImageMagick
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php
I do something similar with that package myself.

> 3. Using RAW under windows
> 4. Psuedo HDR by superimposing 2-3 images

I can't offer much help with the rest of this.
You might try http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/ and
http://cinepaint.sourceforge.net/

CinePaint is a fork of the Gimp for film editing. UFraw is a Gimp
plugin for RAW images. I don't know anything about either one,
frankly.
--
Scott