On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 05:50:37AM +1100, Philip Rhoades wrote:

Hi Philip,

> Thanks for the note.
> The anti-aliasing seemed to help a bit but 1200 res did not seem to make
> much difference (except for slowing down gimp dramatically) . . would it
> have something to do with not converting the Frutiger fonts cleanly?

I am already in over my head. I've had to convert quite a few
postscript/pdf files to a raster format for various reasons, and I've
always been lucky with adjusting those anti-aliasing settings that I
mentioned before. I googled for Frutiger fonts, and saw a linotype
webpage advertising them, but I know nothing about them, or postscripts
handling of them.

Does the pdf show smoothly in a PDF or postscript viewer, e.g. Acrobat,
gsview? Perhaps a crude, but last-resort way to convert these things
would be to take a screenshot of those applications showing the PDF,
then crop, and manipulate as normal.

Sorry if this isn't very helpful.