Hi,

please note, that the pdf version is not part of the official
release. All pdf files are very experimental, for some languages the
manual can not even provided as pdf in experimental status.

Further more, it would be helpful to tell us which language you were
looking for.

Greetings, lexA

Am 15.12.2006 um 03:47 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> I've downloaded the pdf manual.
> It is still the same 7July06 version.
> What am I doing wrong?
>

> Russbucket wrote:
>> On Mon December 11 2006 12:08, Roman Joost wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> After more than eight months of work, the documentation team is
>>> proud to
>>> announce a new release of the user manual for GIMP 2.2. This release
>>> features a lot of improvements, in particular:
>>>
>>>     * Spelling and grammar fixes for German, French, Italian,
>>> Czech and
>>>       Dutch
>>>
>>>     * New language: Korean, Norwegian and Russian
>>>
>>>     * Technical fixes: Support for the new table of contents view
>>> in the
>>>       help browser that ships with recent development versions of
>>> GIMP
>>>
>>>     * New content for German, Spanish, Russian, Czech and French
>>>
>>>     * Lots of bug fixes
>>>
>>> You can download gimp-help-2-0.11 from:
>>>
>>>     ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/help/
>>>
>>> The manual is written in DocBook/XML. Please help us to improve
>>> it and
>>> to fix grammar and spelling errors. Every contributor who wants
>>> to help
>>> us by providing DocBook/XML patches or just proof reads the
>>> manual is
>>> very welcome.
>>>
>>> You can find our new project page at:
>>>
>>>     http://docs.gimp.org
>>>
>>> Thanks to the contributions from Nickolay V. Shmyrev, Julien
>>> Hardelin,
>>> Sven Neumann, Manuel Quiñones, Marco Ciampa, Ulf-D. Ehlert, Michael
>>> Natterer, Pierre Perrier, Anne Schneider, Jakub Friedl, Alessandro
>>> Falappa, Axel Wernicke, Mr. Dust, Hans de Jonge, Kolbjørn
>>> Stuestøl, Jan
>>> Smith, Adolf Gerold, Thomas Güttler, Oleg Fritz, Raymon Van
>>> Wanrooij,
>>> Sally C. Barry, Vitaly Lomov, Stephen Brown, Roxana Chernogolova,
>>> Alexandre Prokoudine
>>>
>>> Happy GIMPing!
>> I just downloaded and installed the new GIMP manual on SUSE10.0 I
>> did it using checkinstall (checkinstall -R --install=yes)  instead
>> of make install. It built the rpm fine, installed the manual and
>> YAST software management shows it installed. Only issue I ran into
>> was clicking help in GIMP2.2 it can not find the Mozilla browser
>> (Must be default in your installation program) I corrected it by
>> changing my GIMP browser preference to firefox %s and it works,
>> then changed to Konqueror (no%s) and it also works. Briefly
>> looking at  the manual it appears it will be helpful. Thanks for
>> the good work.
> The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be privileged.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> any dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this
> Message or any part thereof is strictly prohibited. In such a case,
> you should delete this Message immediately and advise the sender by
> [...]

- ---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen