John R. Culleton wrote:

> Now we need to convince the Powers That Be to make that the default out of
> the
> box.

Well, it had been this way - the rectangular selection was the default
tool before 2.2, iirc. But many people did complain that GIMP does
nothing on newly opened images, so it has been changed.

> Also, the PostScript output routine defaults to vertical and horizontal
> offsets of 20 pixels each. These settings have no utility that I can see. I
> know how to patch this and recompile but it would save time if I didn't have
> to do this for each successive release.

Why don't you open a report in Bugzilla and attach the patch?

HTH,
Michael

--
    GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp