This goes right to the heart of my biggest complaint about GIMP
though: its name.  I don't understand why the developers would put so
much time and hard work into creating a program as professional as
GIMP and then name it after a slang word for a disabled person.  How
do you sell that to a corporation?  How do you market that?  The
people in business suits are going to chose a program named Photoshop
over Gimp 11 times out of 10.