Luca de Alfaro wrote:
> Correct.  However, there is no reason why these .icc profiles should
> go in photoshop rather than in the printer driver.  Especially as I
> have anyway to tell my printer driver (I am not sure why) which kind
> of paper I am using.
> Luca
>
> On 12/21/06, Bob Ewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> It should be pointed out that an icc profile is not for a printer, but
>> rather a printer and a specific paper.  You need separate ones for each
>> type of paper.  If you're really fussy, you might want to change the
>> profile for each box of paper.  In any event, the profile for matte
>> paper is definitely different from glossy paper.  Some printers even use
>> different inks for them.
>>
>> Similarly, monitors change over time and need to be re-profiled as they
>> do.  The default for a Spyder2PRO is weekly.
>>
>> --
>> Bob

You need to have the choice.

Often it is easier to let the print driver or the printer process the
profile.

In critical work, photoshop or the gimp has more information available
and can make a better adjustment.  For example, the image may have
higher resolution or greater bit depth than the printer.

--
Bob