On Friday 22 December 2006 19:33, jbaker wrote:
> I'm wanting to do a script that requires a more complicated GUI
> than what the standard way of doing a script provides...
>
> Basically I want to be able to layout some of the widgets
> horizontally instead of stacked vertically...
>
> What would be the recommended way to do this... ?
>
> Does anyone know of any scripts that do this type of thing that I
> could refer to ?
>
> Thanks....

A Python plug-in can behave like a fully fatured C plug-in
with "query" procediures and the like.  The docuemntation on that is
scarse, as you may have noted. There is soemthing floating on teh web
somewhere, and IIRC, python-fu itself uses that to build the
automatic interfaces.

There is another way to do it however:
just register a python-fu plugin that tkakes no input parameters
whatsoever, and inside its main function,  build a python GTK+
window, just as if it was a stand alone application. Thi ss is
simpler and is what is done by the Python procedure Browser, for
example.

        js
        -><-