I am a novice with GIMP.  At work I am doing a variety of small office
tasks, including creating pictures and creating labels on the screen.

When I create text and place it on the screen (transparency).....no
problem.  Once I come back to the same screen and want to move the
text.........or edit the text..........I have trouble.  I can't easily
locate (click on) the original text I entered.  I think it has to do
with layers.

I have read the users manual.....no help.

Does anyone have an easy fix or advice on layers and text for me???

       Alf in Florida