On 1/4/07, Anonymous User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am using GIMP to clean up and crop some scanned files stored in TIFF
format. The files are 50-60KB, but upon cropping GIMP increases their size
to 120KB! Even simply open-save increases the file size to 130KB or so. I am
quite perplexed! Any explanation will be gratefully acknowledged.

PS: The file size of 120KB is after converting to 1 bit indexed format and
flattened plus using LZW compression. Otherwise, simple  "save" results in a
staggering 10MB file size.

You have omitted key information: What are the dimensions of the image?