Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:

> It depends on a person's workflow when retouching photos. If gimp is
> used from scratch without preliminary viewing photos in some browser, or
> some kind of retouching is used to decide if the file worth to stay, it
> would be better to allow simple deletion of selected file within GTK
> file chooser.

If retouching is needed to decide whether a file should stay or not,
then why should the user have to open the file selector to delete it?
Wouldn't a "close image & delete image file from disk" entry in the menu
be more convenient then?

This could be provided by a script; it should prompt the user for
confirmation of this harmful action and should probably not be included
by default - I can see the "data loss" bugs if otherwise.

HTH,
Michael

--
    GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp