On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 03:30:19 +0100, Jeffrey Brent McBeth
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't believe you are.  That is exactly the feature she wants.

No, I don't think it is.  'Save as' does change the filename, but it saves
a new file, leaving the old file on the disk.  Sometimes that can be good,
but other times you don't want that.  You can obviously delete the old
file in a file manager later, but that's not the point.  It'd be
convenient to be able to just do the entire process from within the Gimp.
Just a checkbox in the 'Save as' dialog ('Delete old file') should do the
job, I think.  I know I'd find it useful.

~ Gerry