On Monday 08 January 2007 23:10, Steven Woody wrote:
> in Photoshop, there is a tool 'adjustment layer', what's the
> equivalent in Gimp? thanks.

GIMP doesn't have any equivalent.  I believe it's in the plan for future
releases.  I know the new graphics engine will make adjustment layers very
simple to implement, so I wouldn't expect to see them implemented before the
new engine goes in, and I would expect them to be implemented very soon

For now, you just have to make the adjustments directly on your image layer.
I usually copy the image layer before applying an adjustment to it, in case I
decide to remove the adjustment.