On Monday 22 January 2007 19:34, Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> On 1/22/07, Jim Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Well, for what it is worth, and I don't suppose that is much, on
> > a pretty nifty Sun monitor using FF on Linux, I cannot see the
> > box until I mouseover. The colors are precisely the same.
> > Whatever the problem is, it isn't GImp's.
> Thanks Jim,
> I'm installing FF 2.0...as that seems to be the problem browser for
> me. I'm very surprised that 1.5 isn't handling .png correctly.

I had this problem with plain White in an old install
It has to do with color correction embebed in the browsers. At the
time, I had a different gamma correction set-up in X11.

That means: the problem is in the browsers, which do not apply the
same color correction scheme to both images and html colors.