Actually - since the file and web page itself is OK,
for some (... some people can see it correctly)
then using simple logic, the problem isn't to do with
The GIMP ...

If there is something wrong with the file then no one
should be able to see it correctly ... unless the
display process is correcting the problem ... ...
doesn't sound likely ...

and thus it most likely IS a FF or Linux issue.

i.e. the people not seeing it correctly must have

either: a) a setting "issue" in FF or Linux (display)

or: b) using a version of FF or Linux (display driver)
       with that "issue"