Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:
> The image has white patches around the circumference and around the
> alphabets BINARY. When I reduce the image to lesser size, 100x144 it
> looks very awkward.  I have been trying to remove those white patches
> for two days. I haven't been successful.
> Can anybody tell me how to remove those white patches and make the image
> neat?

Sudheer, others may have a better method, but I was playing around with
the image a little.  Before I begin, remember that if you are working
with a gif and if you are attempting to use transparency, only square
edges will look sharp, while round edges will appear jagged, since gif
only supports on/off transparency for any given pixel.  .png images
would look smooth on round edges but are not widely supported by all but
the newest Internet Explorer version; hence roughly 70% (an estimate) of
all browsers/versions will not show it correctly.

Here is what I suggest.  Create a new layer and give it the color your
webpage background will have.  Go back to the logo layer and select ALL
the black areas using the magic wand.  Use "Select">>"Grow" (choose 1
pixel), then "Select">>"Feather" (choose two pixels), then hit delete.
Once all black areas are removed in this manner, merge the two layers
and apply "Filters">>"Enhance">>"Unsharp Mask" (make amount .1 or so,
this is to sharpen the logo a bit).  Save as a gif...

When I do the above sequence, I get a nice sharp logo with no visible
white artifacts.  Good luck.

Ben W.