Dave M G wrote:
> Akkana,
> Thanks for responding.
>> ut the experts who would know for sure aren't here;
>> they're on the gimp-print/gutenprint devel list.
> No one on the GIMP mailing list knows how to make GIMP connect to the
> right printer driver?
In the past I've moved my Gimp printer from gimp-print 4.2 to Turboprint
and on to gutenprint 5.0 under Mandriva LE2005 (kernel 2.6.11-13);
unfortunately I no longer remember the details, so that's no help.  If
nobody else can help, I'll try to resurrect them for you.

In any case, I've got to set about installing  Gimp-gutenprint 5.0 on
Mandriva 2007.0 (kernel 2.6.17-5), so maybe I'll find something useful
in the process of doing that and report back.