Toby, Sven, Matthias,

Thank you all for responding.

Toby Haynes wrote:
> Open System->Synaptic and search "Names and Descriptions" for
> Gutenprint. You should see, amongst the other entries,
> gimp-print-5.0.0-2ubuntu2 or similar. That is what you need to install.
What I have installed is: gimp-print 5.0.0-2ubuntu2, and it says:

"print plugin for the GIMP
This package includes the Print plugin for the GIMP.
This is Gutenprint version 5.0.0, a stable release
in the 5.0 series."

And this has been installed from the beginning.

Sven Neumann wrote:

> You installed the Gutenprint printer drivers, but not the GIMP plug-in
> that uses them. ...
> You should have read the instructions and enabled the GIMP plug-in.
Can you please show me exactly what instructions you are referring to? I
have seen nothing that says anything about how to "enable" the GIMP plug in.

Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft
Pentium D Dual Core Processor
PHP 5, MySQL 5, Apache 2